Business Model Deconstruction
You are required to prepare a business report that deconstructs an organisation’s business model and identifies the critical success factors that make the business sustainable. To undertake this analysis, you will need to explore different business models, including those that are frequently seen to achieve sustainable success and high levels of profitability. Your analysis will demonstrate your critical thinking skills and your ability to professionally articulate your findings.
Before commencing, you must seek your lecturer’s approval to undertake an analysis of the business you have chosen. The type of organisation that should be identified for study is one that is relatively new, innovative in how they operate, and have most likely been established in the last five years. No students will be allowed to examine the same business.
While the assignment is an individual one, you are encouraged to discuss with your colleagues the variety of business models that have become popular and why you think they have been successful.
To achieve a result that meets your study objectives, please ensure the business report addresses each of the assessment criteria detailed below and which is elaborated in the marking rubric.
Format: Business Report
Reference Format: American Psychological Association (APA)
Assessment Due Date:
Tuesday (26 Mar 2018) 12:00 pm AEST
Please submit via Turnitin in Moodle
- Provide a succinct description of the business, the industry in which it operates, the market or markets it serves, and the products and services it provides (10%)
- Describe the business model canvas of the selected business using the nine building blocks (20%)
- Explain the key relationships that exist across the nine building blocks (20%)
- Identify and discuss the critical success factors the business has to get right to achieve sustainable success (20%)
- Evaluate what will contribute to downside risk (10%)
- Discuss the changes you would make to the business model if this was your business (20%)
Learning Outcomes Assessed:
- Define and apply key concepts of innovation in commercial, digital, service, and social contexts
- Demonstrate an understanding of and apply the stages of the innovation process, including learn how to forecast the success and market diffusion of your innovation using business model design logic
- Identify and discuss the technical, financial and organisational constraints to innovation in markets that occur in real-life through the use of teamwork and brainstorming.
- Cognitive, technical and creative skills
Academic Research Writing Arm of Global Research Services.