This assessment requires each learner to submit a 2,000 – 3,000 word essay reflecting the course material. In the essay, students should
- Introduce secondary literature related to a topic, or a series of topics, on the course.
- Reflect on their ability to perform the topic/skill discussed.
- Critically assess their strengths and outline suggestions for improving/ ways they have improved in certain areas related to the course.
- Show progressive understanding and ability to adapt/apply the content honestly reflecting on self-improvement.
- Make a presentation to the class outlining what they have learned.
Submission: Essays must be submitted to Turnitin and Moodle by 6th May 2019 and presentations will take place during class time –dates 29th April 2019 and 6th May 2019. One hard copy of assignment to be handed in.
Grading: Students will obtain either a pass or a fail grade for their essay. Students should note that the following areas will be taken into account when correcting the essays:
|Literature Review||Does your literature review critically assess research that has already been conducted on your topic in scholarly articles, books or conference papers?|
|Personal Experience with the Topic||Does the essay discuss areas that are relevant to the learner’s own life?|
|Presentation||Does the speaker maintain good eye contact with the audience and is the speaker appropriately animated (e.g., gestures, moving around, etc.)?|
|Does the speaker use a clear, audible voice?|
|Is delivery poised, controlled, and smooth?|
|Are visual aids well prepared, informative, effective, and not distracting?|
|Is the length of presentation within the assigned time limits of 5 – 10 minutes?|