Lead And Implement Continuous Improvement
The University of Wollongong introduced the formal system that has provided various advantages to the companies in terms to make an improvement in their quality system or in their performances process.
The Wollongong has successfully implemented the TQM program (total quality management). TQM has used that framework which supports to easily achieve the TQM and it includes the cultural and staffing framework that is appropriately matches the current environment.
This will allow facilitating continuous improvements in every aspect of the organisation operations (Trkman, 2010). The TQM program of the university Wollongong has emphasized on quality, services and excellences.
The Wollongong library becomes the first organisation in Australia that receives the silver level of accreditation under the IIP standards (Investors in people). University of Wollongong also launches new services on the regular manner by studying the changes in the organisation and environment.
Likewise, in 2010 it has launched the service that replaces the system of feedback and e-mail system and the new system allow the companies to get the responses about the queries in a regular manner with the help of established knowledge base.
The library of Wollongong University also helps the organisation/ researchers to study about the satisfaction level of the customers. Besides that, this library also contributes in the achieving favourable client feedback.
But at the same time to garb the more opportunities in the changing environment, Wollongong University provides the wireless and computer access system (Lee, et al., 2012). This system assist in availability of resources, online resources and making the catalogue easier to use and university also develop the new search system called summon.
The University of Wollongong also measures the performances quality through supplier auditing rating, score of customer satisfaction survey on the basis of parameters of product and services excellences. Such practices help the organisation to understand about their performances and recognition in the market.
The implementation of TQM programme in the Australia hardware companies allows them to make improvement in their quality system and deliveries in their product/ services.
By taking helps of Wollongong store, Australia hardware can able to identify their areas of improvements & issues which they need to address and with the help of this, it also can determine the appropriate solution for the problem (Arnold et al., 2011).
n case of Australia hardware, the issues that occur is lack of leadership quality, inadequate resources, lack of management commitments and highly and competitive environment. Thus, for reducing such problem, there is high requirement to adopt the continuous improvements system and in that case, Wollongong store in Australia is one of the best solutions for facilitating the continuous improvements.
As Wollongong librarian provides TQM process for brining change management and also allow improving the customer services and employees performances through adopting the advanced services that easily trap the queries of the customers and employees.
By conducting the training programs, employees can develop the leading skills and able to develop new skills that allow them to effectively utilise the resources. Thus, with the following the Wollongong store help the Australian hardware to easily implement the TQM process for making improvement in their services and provide solutions to every problems of the Australian hardware.
- The purpose of this session is to identify the area of the issues for making improvements (Coyte, et al., 2012). Moreover, the main purpose of this session is to describe the TQM policy so that Australian hardware will develop and efficiently implement the written procedures for bringing the continuous improvements in its systems and able to achieve the maximum opportunities with their system.
- In order to bring the positivity in the organisations and team, for that organisation could need to adopt the TQM process in their operations so that performances of the staff will get improve and they can able to provide the quality services to the customers (Singh and Singh, 2015). This will create the positive and healthy environment among the team members and this enthusiasm develops the better results/ outcomes.
- The inputs that provides in the continuous improvements session is that Australian hardware should need to include the TQM program in their business operations so that Australian hardware can improve their performances and able to adopt the innovation in their products/ services so that quality outcomes can be achieve (Fotopoulos and Psomas, 2010). The outcomes are in the form of high performances of the staff and team, quality customer services and optimum utilisation of resources.
- In this session, it is also proposed that Australian hardware need to follow the non-discriminatory as Australia grows with the multi-cultural and diverse market where people from different cultural interact (Zu et al., 2010). So, in that case Australia hardware should include non-discriminatory attitudes and behaviour that need to display the different language so that customers, staff and management can feel comfortable while making interactions. According to WHS Australia legislation, Australia promotes the safe work policy for improving the work health of the employees, workers. Likewise, the Australian hardware need to follow the WHS legislation for creating the safe and healthy environment for the employees and able to strengthen their efficiency to work. Thus, such practices can help the Australian hardware to easily adopt the TQM and continuous improvements process in their functions.
- In the role play, I deliver the quality services in the product and services offerings and at the same time I also set the quality specification so that minimum level of performances are required to bring innovation in the organisation (Mitreva, 2011).
It is required for the company to implement the follow up communication process by tracking the strategies in order to foster growth in the managerial framework. The follow up communication will help Australian Hardware to successfully implement the initiative of continuous improvement through total quality management.
It assists the company to increase its outcome and build satisfaction level among the employees. The well structure follow up initiative are executed by the team members as well as by the management for maximizing the profit margin.
The proper execution of the activities helps in building strong relationship with the associated stakeholders by cater there adverse needs according to the changes in the business environment.
The effectiveness in the communication plan is attained by electing appropriate strategy, topic, contact, timeframe as well as call to action plans (Chiarini 2011).
The significant strategy in the communication plan is done by choosing email strategy and conveying the benefits of total quality management to the associated stakeholders.
The contact is developed with the team members, managers, individual employees, senior management, suppliers etc. in order to accomplish the work within the predetermined time frame.
- Email to the team members
To: The associated team members
Subject: To solve the quality issues in the current product offering
Dear Team Members
It is to inform you all that our company is facing several issues related with quality in the current product offering. The quality issues have hinders the efficiency level of the company and has breakdown the relationship with the customers.
In order to rectify the errors related with quality the management has decided to implement total quality management framework for continuous improvement in the product.
The total quality management will help the company to reduce its cost in the areas related with scrap, field services, rework etc. At the same time, the process will helps in reducing the defects from the products for building strong relationship with the customers.
Thus, total quality management will be beneficial for the company to increase its productivity and satisfaction level among the stakeholders.
Continuous Improvement Consultant
- Flow Chart
The above diagram represents the flow chart, which represents the benefits of total quality management process and how it will be implemented, within the conceptual framework for increasing the efficiency level of the company (Abusa and Gibson, 2013).
The flow chart helps in solving the issues related with quality in the current product offering in a sequential process.
- In the above session of the Australian hardware, I undertook the several processes to successfully implement the continuous improvement plan. Firstly for bringing the quality in the services and in order to improve the performances of the employees, Australian hardware has followed the quality system and process of Wollongong University that is suited in the Australia. It is believed that Wollongong librarian consider as a popular library that provides the solutions of the problem related to inadequacy of resources, poor customers services and inefficient management performances (Bo, 2013). In order to provide the solution of all these problems, Australian hardware has adopted the Wollongong TQM processes in their operations as this process allows the company to follow the WHS and non-discriminatory approach. By following these legislation, Australian hardware have eliminated the problems related to management inefficiency and quality inadequacy as TQM process helps the company to easily address the queries of the customers that increases the satisfaction level of the clients. This helps the Australian hardware to improve the customer services.
Besides that, Australian hardware for sustaining in the competitive environment and properly utilise of resources, they implemented the TQM process as with the TQM, company have improved their quality in the product offering that allow them to sustain in the market and give tough competition to the competitors. To optimise use of resources, Australian hardware conducted the training program that allows the team member to effective utilise of resources with incurred less cost (Lee, et al., 2012). This sustainability practices helps the Australian hardware to carry out their business over the long time.
In case of follow up communication, I have learned the TQM appropriate strategy to communicate the planning process to the team leader. In that case, I have used the e-mail. Besides that, I have communicated the topic, contacts, timeframe and action plans to the team members of the Australian hardware with the help of e-mails.
- The TQM process will prove to be beneficial for the knowledge management as with the successfully implemented of the TQM in the Australian hardware, it allows the employees, staff to easily accept the changes in the organisation and it also allows them to adapt new process of the business. TQM also helped the Australian hardware to improve their business performances through reduced the maximum wastage and this allow the company to save the money and spend in other investment portfolio. This improved the business performances of the Australia hardware (Fotopoulos, et al., 2010). Through the help of TQM, Australian hardware would able to satisfy the stakeholders and develop new quality standards in future. It will also help in retain and attract the new clients.
- This session is proving to be learning experiences for me as I have learned about the concept TQM and its importance’s. As this session gives me the brief understanding about the TQM concepts m, theories that will help me in my future (Lee et al., 2012). At the same time, I also get the deep knowledge about the TQM and its benefits like how it improves the quality of product and services in the organisation and how TQM helpful to bring continuous improvement in team group. Thus, this gives me the value of the TQM system. Besides that, with the undergone of this session, I have able to develop my analytical skills in which I can able to analyse the activities and issues properly. I also able to polish my problem-solving skills as I easily determined the problems and able to provide the solution of the same through incorporating the TQM process. On the basis of the TQM, I enable to take appropriate decision for the company and able to lead my co-members. This enhances my communication, decision making and leadings skills. Thus, it will prove to be advantage for me in my future career when I work with any reputed organisation.
- As facilitators to make bring the continuous improvements in the organisation, I will develop the continuous improvement plan through adopting the TQM system into the business process. I will conduct the training program for the employees, team members so that they can develop the necessary skill and knowledge for the successfully implement the TQM system in the functions of the business. Through the training and development sessions, I also get the staff learn regarding how to effectively use of given resources without wasting them. These practices allow to bringing the quality in the products and services and help the organisation to making continuous improvement with the changing environment (Abusa and Gibson, 2013). This process also helps the company to sustain in the competition at the longer time.
Abusa, F. M., and Gibson, P. (2013) TQM implementation in developing countries: a case study of the Libyan industrial sector. Benchmarking: An International Journal, 20(5), pp. 693-711.
Arnold, V., Lampe, J. C., and Sutton, S. G. (2011) Understanding the factors underlying ethical organizations: Enabling continuous ethical improvement. Journal of Applied Business Research (JABR), 15(3), pp. 1-20.
Bo, P. N. G. (2013) A Research on the Practice of Total Quality Management of Australian University Libraries. Research on Library Science, 4, pp. 022.
Chiarini, A. (2011) Japanese total quality control, TQM, Deming’s system of profound knowledge, BPR, lean and Six Sigma: comparison and discussion. International Journal of Lean Six Sigma, 2(4), pp. 332-355.
Coyte, R., Ricceri, F., and Guthrie, J. (2012) The management of knowledge resources in SMEs: an Australian case study. Journal of Knowledge Management, 16(5),pp. 789-807.
Fotopoulos, C. V., and Psomas, E. L. (2010) The structural relationships between TQM factors and organizational performance. The TQM journal, 22(5), pp. 539-552.
Lee, S. M., Olson, D. L., and Trimi, S. (2012) Co-innovation: convergenomics, collaboration, and co-creation for organizational values. Management Decision, 50(5), pp. 817-831.
Mitreva, E. (2011) Model-integral methodology for successful designing and implementing of TQM system in Macedonian companies. International Journal for Quality Research, 5(4), pp. 255-260.
Singh, J., and Singh, H. (2015) Continuous improvement philosophy–literature review and directions. Benchmarking: An International Journal, 22(1), pp. 75-119.
Trkman, P. (2010) The critical success factors of business process management. International journal of information management, 30(2), pp. 125-134.
Zu, X., Robbins, T. L., & Fredendall, L. D. (2010). Mapping the critical links between organizational culture and TQM/Six Sigma practices. International journal of production economics, 123(1), 86-106.
Academic Research Writing Arm of Global Research Services.